Brian is a partner in our Corporate and M&A Group. Brian is widely regarded as one of the leading corporate lawyers in Ireland and is an ‘Eminent Practitioner’ in Chambers & Partners. He has advised on many of the largest and most high profile Irish M&A transactions over the past 20 years.
Brian is a former Managing Partner of the firm. Prior to joining Arthur Cox, Brian spent a number of years in London and Hong Kong with a leading London law firm and a leading investment bank.
- Advising Aon plc on its recommended merger with Willis Towers Watson plc
- Advising the Smurfit Family on the disposal of the K Club resort to the TLC Group
- Advising Green REIT plc on all aspects of its takeover by Henderson Park
- Advising Phoenix Tower International on the acquisition of the Meteor telco infrastructure business from eir
- Advising Cognizant on the acquisition of Zenith Technologies
- Advising ADP on the acquisition of Softcom
- Advising Greencore on numerous transactions, including the acquisition of Peacock Foods, the acquisition of Uniq plc and the sale of its malt business to Axereal, and the acquisition of Peacock Foods in 2016
- Advised Covidien on its $43 billion inversion takeover by Medtronic and advised on its $2.4 billion spin-off of Mallinckrodt
- Advised Mylan on its $25 billion bid for Perrigo/Elan
- Advised CRH on the acquisition of €6.5 billion of cement assets from Lafarge/Holcim in 2015, including acting as lead global co-ordinating counsel across multiple jurisdictions