Conor is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and M&A Group and Head of the London office. Conor advises public and private industry-leading Irish and international corporates on all aspects of Irish company law and equity capital markets transactions.
Conor advises clients on a wide range of corporate transactions including M&A transactions, joint ventures, corporate finance transactions, cross border mergers, corporate reorganisations and general corporate/commercial law matters.
Conor also specialises in advising both issuers and banks in relation to equity capital markets transactions.
Conor has advised on some of the most high profile Irish M&A and equity capital markets transactions in recent years. Conor joined the firm in 2014 from Linklaters LLP in London.
- Advising CRH plc on its ongoing ordinary share buy-back programme pursuant to which c. €1.7 billion has been returned to shareholders to date
- Advised financial institutions on the transfer of their European banking business from the United Kingdom to Ireland (via cross-border merger)
- Advised Aryzta A.G. on its €800 million underwritten rights issue and the resulting admission of shares on the SIX Swiss Exchange and Euronext Dublin
- Advised Bank of Ireland on its holding company reorganisation using a new Irish holding company and its flotation on the ISE and LSE
- Advised CRH on its €6.5 billion acquisition of assets from Lafarge S.A. and Holcim Limited in 12 jurisdictions and the related €1.6 billion “cashbox” placing by CRH to raise funds for the acquisition of certain assets from Lafarge S.A. and Holcim Limited
- Advised CRH plc on various of its domestic and global acquisitions and disposals
- Advised eir on (i) GIC’s acquisition of €230 million minority holding in eir and (ii) the €3.5 billion sale of eir to NJJ
- Advises Ryanair on various corporate law matters
- Advises numerous clients in the healthcare sector
+44 207 832 0210
12 Gough Square
- LLB, 2007, Trinity College Dublin
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, 2011 (currently non-practising)
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2014
- Member of Law Society of England and Wales
- Member of Law Society of Ireland
“Conor is very commercial, solution-focused, and sees the big picture. He is very responsive and easy to communicate with. He demonstrates a clear understand of and interest in our business. I consider him a key partner and a trusted advisor for important decisions”.
IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, 2021
“Conor McCarthy, Maura McLaughlin, and Pádraig Ó Ríordáin are our most trusted advisers. We feel their passion for our ambitions and they consistently demonstrate their commitment to supporting us and adding value to our internal offering. Technically expert but also practical and innovative.”
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2020
“Conor is a trusted advisor for us. He always delivers what we need and understands our context. He is technically excellent and helpfully practical.”
IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, 2020