David is a partner in the Corporate and M&A Department, specialising in public and private M&A, equity capital markets transactions, corporate governance and securities law.
David advises international and domestic companies as well as state and semi-state bodies on all aspects of corporate law and governance. He has advised on some of the most high-profile corporate transactions in recent years, including public takeovers, private M&A, rights issues, placings and other public offerings, holding company structures, schemes of arrangement and joint ventures. David also advises on corporate governance and securities law issues for listed companies.
David has particular experience in public takeovers, having advised on a number of high-profile recommended and contested/hostile takeovers in recent years, and equity capital markets, where he advises both issuers and banks.
- Advised Flutter Entertainment plc on its acquisition of the 37.2% minority interest in FanDuel Group Parent LLC held by Fastball Holdings, giving Flutter a 95% ownership interest in FanDuel, the US market leader in gaming, sportsbook, online casino and daily fantasy sports, for an aggregate consideration of USD$4.175 billion, including a non-pre-emptive cash box placing of GBP£1.1 billion
- Advised the shareholders of Linesight on the sale of Linesight, the leading construction consultancy group, to IPS – Integrated Project Services LLC
- Advised Flutter Entertainment plc on its recommended all-share acquisition of The Stars Group, Inc. at an aggregate transaction value of GBP£10 billion to create the largest online betting and gaming operator globally by revenue
- Advised Green REIT plc on its recommended EUR€1.34 billion public takeover by funds managed by Henderson Park
- Advised ARYZTA AG on its CHF 908 million rescue rights issue and successful defence of an activist shareholder contest
- Advised Ingersoll Rand on a Reverse Morris Trust transaction to spin off its industrial business to Gardner Denver
- Advised Bank of Ireland on its holding company reorganisation using a new Irish holding company and its flotation on the ISE and LSE
- Advised the Irish Government on the establishment of Home Building Finance Ireland and the Land Development Agency
- Advised International Paper on its $9 billion offer for Smurfit Kappa
- Advised Covidien on its USD$43 billion inversion takeover by Medtronic
- LLB (first class honours), 2011, Trinity College Dublin
- Henry Hamilton Hunter Memorial Prize, 2011
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2015
- Findlater Scholarship, 2014
- Member of Law Society of Ireland