Michael is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and M&A Group.
Michael focuses on public and private M&A transactions, private equity portfolio acquisitions and complex joint venture investment structures typically involving international private equity funds establishing platforms to invest in Ireland in conjunction with local promoters. Michael also specialises in public corporate governance and securities advisory (including takeover defence) work for international and domestic publicly listed clients.
- Advising TransferMate on its $70 million funding round
- Advising Gallivan Murphy Insurance Brokers on its proposed sale to AssuredPartners
- Advising Cool Planet Group on its acquisition of PowerHouse Generation
- Advising ProAmpac, a Pritzker Private Capital company, on its acquisition of Euroflex Teoranta
- Advising Ørsted on its agreement to acquire a 100% equity interest in the Ireland and UK onshore wind business of Brookfield Renewable
- Advising Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc on its acquisition of GW Pharmaceuticals plc
- Advising Hyperion Materials & Technologies on its acquisition of NanoDiamond Products
- Advising The Stafford Group on its agreement to sell Campus Oil to DCC
- Advising Leeds Equity Partners and its portfolio company, LRN Corporation, on its acquisition of Interactive Services
- Advising MSD Animal Health on its acquisition of IdentiGEN
- Advising Pritzker Private Capital and its portfolio company, Technimark LLC, on its acquisition of Tool and Plastic Industries Limited
- Advising Cool Planet Group on its €31 million capital raising
- Advising HIG Capital, KKR, Albacore Capital, Avenue Capital and Bespoke Capital in relation to the establishment of and/or ongoing management of their respective Irish investment platforms and joint-venture arrangements
- Advising Brewin Dolphin on its acquisition of Investec Ireland’s wealth management business
- Advising Epiris funds on its £206 million take private acquisition of IFG Group plc
- BCL, 2007, UCD
- Admitted as a Solicitor, 2011
- Qualified as a Chartered Tax Advisor, Institute of Taxation, 2010
- Member of Law Society of Ireland
- Member of Institute of Taxation
Michael Coyle “was brilliant, approachable, hardworking, commercially focused, a great negotiator and responsive”.
IFLR 1000:The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, 2021
“‘Michael Coyle has a deep range of expertise and always brings an incredibly pragmatic approach to all issues”.
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2020