Media, Entertainment and Sport
Our Media, Entertainment and Sport Group is a leading practice in the area of media, entertainment and sports law in Ireland and complements the firm’s client base, ensuring that we continue to provide the full range of legal services to our clients.
The Group works closely with the Technology, Intellectual Property, Litigation and Finance Groups and draws on the expertise of other specialist lawyers in the firm as required. We advise the creative industries on all of their legal needs including finance and funding, contract law, regulation, music, film and television, advertising and sponsorship, publishing, defamation and commercial arrangements generally. We act for television and radio broadcasters, cable companies, production and distribution companies, publishers, advertising agencies, record companies and talent, as well as many digital and on-line media, content provision and telecommunications companies.
Our team of lawyers have a deep understanding of the commercial and legal issues and opportunities that arise in the world of sport. This deep understanding comes from many of our team being current or former high performance athletes or administrators. Our track record in advising athletes, agents, coaches, sponsors, advertisers, corporate clients, brands and rights owners, venues, sporting organisations and governing bodies across the full spectrum of sports is unrivalled.
The Group advises on the full range of issues relevant to the industry including:
- advising broadcasters, advertisers and other interested parties in their dealings with the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland
- advising on recording contracts, contract law, music publishing, management agreements, merchandising and live performance agreements
- film and television finance and production
- advise advertisers and producers of products and services on regulation, clearance, brand and rights protection
- publishing, both in print and digital media, and content provision
- defamation, rights protection and alternative dispute resolution
- Advising broadcasters on recent proposed broadcasting legislation
- Advising The Kanyu Tree on Recording and Publishing agreements with Sony
- Advising Savage Productions on the project “Savage”
- Advising advertising bodies on submissions relating to and the interpretation of new advertising codes and standards
- Advised RTE on the printing and distribution agreements for the RTE Guide, Ireland’s largest selling magazine
Ten Earlsfort Terrace
T: +353 1 920 1000
F: +353 1 920 1020
E: [email protected]