Our Real Estate Group is widely acknowledged as the leading all-Ireland practice on property law. Our comprehensive range of services has ensured that we continue to advise on the largest and most innovative real estate transactions in Ireland, including acquisitions, disposals, leasing, development and funding.
As the largest Real Estate Group in Ireland, combined with our in-depth industry knowledge, we have a significant competitive advantage that enables us to service the diverse requirements of our broad client base. Our Real Estate Group includes the leading commercial property team in Northern Ireland and this strength in both jurisdictions enables Arthur Cox to advise on cross-border real estate transactions. Our Real Estate Group is closely linked to the specialist expertise provided by our Tax, Finance and Corporate teams, expertise that is often integral to the structuring of major real estate transactions. We also work closely with our Litigation team on all types of property and landlord and tenant disputes.
Our services include:
- Advising domestic and international clients on the acquisition and disposal of all types of interests in commercial and residential real estate from property portfolios to single asset transactions
- Advising on all aspects of land development and the real estate aspects of infrastructure, energy and natural resource projects including planning, environmental, construction and taxation issues
- Advising commercial landlords and tenants on the acquisition and disposal of leasehold interests, sale and leaseback transactions, pre-lets and providing ongoing management advice to landlords, tenants and asset managers
- Advising investors and developers on the acquisition, development and disposal of residential multi-family/PRS/BTR schemes and providing ongoing advice to landlords and asset managers on residential landlord and tenant law
- Advising owners, lenders, borrowers, equity investors, hedge funds, asset managers on all aspects of financing, secured lending and real estate investment
- Advising Meta (Facebook) on the leasing and redevelopment of a new 14 acre international HQ at AIB Bankcentre and Fibonacci Square, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 (the largest office occupier transaction in the history of the state), on its EMEA HQ letting at 4 and 5 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2 and the lettings of the Beckett Building in East Wall, Dublin 3, The Capitol Building, Cork City and WeWork office space at George’s Quay, Dublin 2
- Advising Kennedy Wilson on the acquisition and development of Capital Dock including the acquisition of the State Street HQ Building, the forward sale of Block 200 Capital Dock to J.P. Morgan, and the letting of Blocks 100 and 300 to Indeed.com
- Advising on the acquisition of Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8 (the largest investment transaction in 2018)
- Advising Green REIT on the sale of Westend Retail Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 (one of the top five investment transactions in 2018)
- Advising Kennedy Wilson on the acquisition of 274 apartments and an adjoining development site at The Grange PRS Scheme, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin (one of the top five investment transactions in 2018), the Capital Dock residential scheme including the development of the Hailing Station (Ireland’s tallest residential tower) and the refinancing of Clancy Quay, Islandbridge, Dublin 8 and Sandford Lodge, Ranelagh, Dublin 6
- Advising Kennedy Wilson on the acquisition and operational lease of The Shelbourne Hotel
- Advising Covanta on the real estate aspects of the development of the Dublin Waste to Energy project
- Advising Rohan Group on their logistics/business parks including Dublin Airport Logistics Park, Airways Industrial Estate, Dublin 1, South County Business Park, Dublin 18 and North Ring Business Park, Dublin 9