Our Intellectual Property Group is comprised of lawyers who have a deep level of expertise and experience in handling intellectual property mandates and who have acted in a number of high profile and complex matters in recent years.
The team acts for a number of global technology, content and life sciences companies as well as several Irish multinationals, domestic companies and third level institutions on a range of intellectual property matters across patents, trade marks, copyright (including software programs), database rights and trade secrets and associated commercialisation and enforcement matters. We also work closely with our tax department in assisting clients to execute their acquisition, commercialisation and enforcement strategies in a tax efficient manner. In contentious matters, the team is experienced in resolving disputes through the use of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms as well as through court injunctive relief and hearings. Our IP practice also includes a trade mark search, clearance, registration and prosecution service and advice on filing strategies, brand management and advertising and marketing compliance.
Click below to view our Latest IP Brochure:
- Advising a number of multinational clients in the technology, pharmaceutical, medtech and food and agri sectors on IP restructurings and on protection and enforcement strategies
- Advising Johnson & Johnson on the defence of a patent revocation action by Teva
- Advising Kerry Group on IP aspects of its disposal of its meats business to Pilgrims Pride
- Advising Glanbia plc on the IP aspects of the disposal of its interest in Glanbia Ireland DAC
- Advising several clients on licensing deals, research contracts, trade mark, copyright and patent infringement matters
- Advising a pharmaceutical company on injunctive relief in Ireland in patent infringement matter
- Advising Origin Enterprises plc on a multimillion euro collaborative research project with University College Dublin
- Acting for Ryanair in Commercial Court proceedings it has issued against the operators of various flight comparison websites for alleged screen-scraping and breach of copyright and other IP rights and passing off, and breach of the terms of a licensing agreement relating to the use of Ryanair’s data
- Advising multinational social media companies on the protection and enforcement of copyright and database rights
- Acting for Meta (Facebook) in defending Irish High Court proceedings brought by public figures in relation to alleged fake advertisements appearing on its platform and on various Notice and Takedown matters