We develop specialist industry knowledge to offer comprehensive services to our clients. We provide targeted advice to banks, financial institutions and new players emerging in the financial services sector. Our approach demands the highest levels of knowledge and technical skill to provide accurate, reliable and timely advice.
The cross-departmental team of lawyers drawn from our Asset Management and Investment Funds, Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Financial Regulation, Corporate and M&A, Tax, and Litigation and Dispute Resolution practices has unrivalled breadth and depth of experience working with financial services institutions nationally and internationally.
Our Asset Management and Investment Funds Group is a market leader, advising on all aspects of investment management issues and the establishment and ongoing operation of investment funds in Ireland. The Group consists of a highly experienced team that has an in-depth understanding of all types of investment funds, including UCITS, AIFs, ELTIFs, money market funds, ETFs, hedge funds, private equity funds, private credit funds, infrastructure funds and real estate funds.
Our Banking and Finance Group acts for banks and other financial institutions, institutional investors, alternative lenders and other market participants, both domestic and international, as well as for a wide range of borrowers, including investment grade and other corporates, and private banking clients.
Our Capital Markets Group advises on a wide variety of debt and structured finance transactions including securitisations, CDO/CLO transactions, RMBS/CMBS transactions, repackagings and derivatives with specialist support from our Tax Group. We have Ireland’s leading practice in new issue work, advising on initial public offerings and secondary issues of shares and other securities on the Irish, London and New York Stock Exchanges and other international markets.
Our Corporate and M&A Group is the leading practice in Ireland in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. Our general corporate and commercial experience in Ireland is unsurpassed and our Corporate and M&A Group is a dynamic player in Irish business.
Our Financial Regulation practice advises a wide range of domestic and international financial institutions, including credit institutions, investment firms, UCITS management companies, AIFMs, payment institutions and insurance companies.
Our Litigation, Dispute Resolution and Investigations Group advises both regulatory bodies and financial institutions in relation to contentious disputes around regulatory issues and compliance, working closely with our Financial Regulation practice.
Finance: Monthly Horizon Scanner
Our Finance Group publishes a monthly horizon-scanner, covering topical Irish and EU legal and regulatory matters. Previous monthly editions can be accessed here.
- Advising Irish banks on all aspects of the Tracker Mortgages Examination and associated Central Bank enforcement action
- Advising numerous clients on establishing regulated entities in Ireland and on the implications of Brexit for their business model
- Advised AIB Group plc and First Data Corporation on their joint acquisition of 95.9% of the issued share capital of Semeral Limited, the parent company of Payzone Group
- Advised Mastercard International Incorporated on all Irish law aspects of its acquisition of Ehoca Limited
- Advised the Irish Stock Exchange plc on its €137 million acquisition by Euronext NV
- Advised on the establishment of the we.trade blockchain joint venture between Caixa Bank, Deutsche Bank, Eurobank, Erste Group, HSBC, KBC, Natixis, Nordea Rabobank, Santander, Société Générale, UBS and Unicredit
- Advised the managers on the landmark issuance of Ireland’s (acting through the National Treasury Management Agency) first sovereign green bond
- Advising a syndicate of Irish, UK and Canadian based lenders in respect of a €400 million refinancing of existing facilities made available by separate European and Canadian banking syndicates to the IPL Plastics Group