Rachel works in our Employment Group and advises clients on all aspects of employment and industrial relations law.
Rachel advises our clients on all issues that arise from the employer-employee relationship, including disciplinary investigations, litigation, the termination of employment contracts, recruitment, redundancies, fixed-term and agency workers legislation, industrial relations matters, working time legislation, settlement agreements, data protection and unfair dismissal/discrimination complaints, equality law, health and safety, corporate immigration and the employment aspects of corporate transactions.
She regularly advises private clients and public institutions in a wide range of sectors, including banking and financial services, transport, aviation, pharmaceutical, agribusiness, education and healthcare. She has experience in representing clients before the Workplace Relations Commission, the Labour Court and the civil Courts.
- LL B, 2011, Trinity College Dublin
- LL M, 2013, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Diploma in Arbitration, 2016, University College Dublin
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2017
- Advanced Diploma in Applied Employment Law, the Honourable Society of King’s Inns, 2018
Rachel Barry “has demonstrated an excellent command of Brexit legal issues in particular.”
The Legal 500, Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2020