Louise has a broad advisory, litigation and transactional practice covering all aspects of employment law both contentious and non-contentious.
Louise provides commercial and solutions focussed advice to a wide range of clients to include clients in the financial services, manufacturing, retail, technology, energy, pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors. Louise advises and represents employers in all types of employment disputes, including unfair dismissal, employment injunctions, occupational stress and bullying claims, transfer of undertakings, fixed-term and part-time work and discrimination claims. She regularly appears for clients in the Workplace Relations Commission, the Circuit Court and the High Court. Louise has particular expertise in advising on the employment aspects of corporate transactions and outsourcings.
- Advising on statutory compliance and the legal framework governing the employment relationship, including in relation to recruitment, selection, absenteeism, maternity leave, notice periods, working time, equality, redundancy, fixed term and part time workers, whistleblowing, and transfer of undertakings
- Representing clients in employment-related litigation before the Workplace Relations Commission and the Labour Court
- Advising on the defence of Circuit Court and High Court proceedings in relation to employment and pensions disputes
- Advising in respect of workplace investigations, grievances, disciplinary hearings and appeals
- Providing client training on all aspects of employment law, health and safety law, the employment relationship and handling employee disputes
- Advising on retirement and pensions issues, including age discrimination, professional added years, augmentation of benefits and early retirement
- Defending deemed employment claims
- Advising regulated financial service providers on issues of fitness and probity in relation to senior managers and executives