Kevin Langford is a partner in the Employment Law Group. He is an experienced employment lawyer who places a lot of emphasis on offering practical and pragmatic solutions to clients.
Kevin advises corporate clients in a wide range of sectors including pharmaceutical, healthcare and life sciences, technology, financial services and insurance, transport, manufacturing, distribution and retail. He also advises statutory bodies, Governmental and public institutions, universities, cultural institutions, schools and hospitals. Kevin frequently advises law firms in other jurisdictions on matters relating to Irish employment law. He represents clients before the Workplace Relations Commission, the Labour Court and the civil courts in employment litigation such as unfair dismissal, equality/discrimination, occupational stress, fixed-term and part-time work, health & safety, restraint of trade, strikes and picketing.
- Advised regulated financial services providers on issues of fitness & probity relating to senior employees.
- Represented employers in relation to trade union recognition and 2015 Act claims.
- Represented employers in the defence of criminal prosecutions relating to health & safety and investigations by the Health & Safety Authority.
- Advised public and private sector employers on crisis management issues.
- Advised employers on protected disclosure/whistleblowing investigations.
- Worked with international law firms on multi-jurisdictional employment projects.
- Advised a US pharmaceutical company on the sale of its manufacturing facility in Ireland.
- Advised an Irish global nutrition group on TUPE and related matters in the context of an internal restructuring of its operations in Ireland.
- Represented a University before the Court of Justice of the European Union in a landmark claim of age and sexual orientation discrimination in relation to pension entitlements.
- Advised a University on the employment law aspects of its incorporation of three other educational institutions.
- LL.B, 1993, Trinity College, Dublin
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 1997
- CEDR-accredited Mediator
- Member of Law Society of Ireland
- Member of Employment Lawyers Association of Ireland
- Member of Employment Lawyers Association (UK)
- Member of European Employment Lawyers Association
Kevin Langford is “always responsive.”
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2019
Kevin Langford is “knowledgeable of all aspects of employment law. He is excellent at looking at all the possible outcomes to a case and always careful to outline any potential risks. He is very diligent in his approach, extremely personable to deal with and has a strong work ethic.”
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2019
Kevin Langford’s “advice is very considered.”
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2018
Kevin Langford is “very calm, clear, accurate and efficient.”
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2017