Cian is a partner in our Employment Law Group. He is a former in-house counsel, with over 20 years’ experience advising on all aspects of employment and industrial relations law.
Cian advises our clients on all issues that arise from the employer-employee/ employer-trade union relationship. Cian’s focus is on practical and effective strategies, providing clear, straightforward and practical advice. Cian is also the Head of the firm’s Commercial Department and in that capacity he sits on the firm’s management committee.
- Successfully obtaining a number of High Court injunctions restraining unlawful picketing by employees and their trade unions at a number of client sites
- Successfully obtained a springboard injunction restricting an unlawful team move/defection
- Successfully obtained an Anton Piller Order arising from the discovery of a criminal data breach by a former employee and advised on all associated employee related issues
- Successfully obtained High Court injunctions restraining the unlawful occupation (a “sit in”) of an employers’ premises by employees and activists
- Successfully devised a strategy for a client to mitigate 50+ TUPE claims from employees of a supplier and successfully defended that strategy thorough subsequent litigation
- Successfully devised a strategy for a client to mitigate a deemed employment risk and resisted subsequent injunction applications, vindicating the client strategy
- Has provided employment law advice and support to many of Ireland largest corporate transactions