Ryan acts for clients on complex commercial disputes both domestic and international, with particular emphasis on the fintech, pharmaceutical and agri-foods sectors.
Ryan has significant experience in contractual disputes and shareholder disputes with particular expertise advising clients in crisis, risk and reputation management. Ryan is leading member of the firm’s Corporate Crime Group, specialising in fraud and mutual legal assistance actions by foreign investigators.
- Advising a major beef processer on managing the national beef protests and the blockading of meat processing factories across the state.
- Acting for a fintech group in large scale arbitration proceedings arising out of a complex contractual dispute.
- Acting for a range of clients including foreign states, companies and individuals, in dealing with mutual legal assistance actions, including most recently in respect of the German “cum-ex” investigations and prosecutions.
- Acting for a multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer in judicial review proceedings against HPRA, challenging the grant of a marketing authorisation to a generic pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Acting for a large generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in a range of contractual and commercial disputes.
- Acting for multiple clients, across a variety of sectors, in multi-million euro shareholder disputes both at mediation and before the Commercial Court.
- Acting for a plaintiff in Commercial Court proceedings alleging fraudulent misappropriation of significant shareholdings in a number of 5 star hotel assets, valued at €70m.
- Acting for a financial services institutions in litigation and investigations arising from multiple instances of employee fraud.
- Acting for a number of financial services institutions and international private equity in high value debt recovery and asset tracing litigation.
- Acting for clients in complex property related disputes, including landlord and tenant, commercial rates, and contested ground rent actions.