Healthcare and Life Sciences Disputes
Our Healthcare and Life Sciences Disputes Group is the leading group of its kind in the country with a proven track record of outstanding results for our clients.
Our clients include multinational and start-up pharmaceutical, medical device and biotech manufacturers, Ireland’s largest private and public hospitals, research institutions, e-health providers, wholesale distributors, regulatory bodies, medical indemnity insurers, health boards and healthcare professionals.
Our Healthcare and Life Sciences Disputes Group is widely recognised as a trail blazer, combining strategic and technical expertise with local and international knowledge of the industry to deliver effective solutions for our clients. We have unrivalled expertise advising on a range of disputes in this sector, including litigation, regulatory investigations, commercial and contractual disputes, licensing and regulatory/compliance investigations, pricing and reimbursement issues, patent litigation, procurement issues, defence of clinical claims, clinical trials, risk management issues and capacity, consent and disclosure matters.
- Advising Chanelle Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Limited on High Court Judicial Review proceedings taken by Arthropharm (Europe) Limited, against the regulator, HPRA and Chanelle
- Acting for St Vincent’s DAC on St. Vincent’s Centre Cork Residential Care Centre, in relation to the closure of the Centre. We are currently advising in relation to High Court proceedings concerning the status of the Centre
- Acting for the Blackrock Clinic, the leading private Healthcare provider in Ireland, on a significant ongoing shareholder dispute
- Defence of large scale, complex litigation involving large cohorts of claimants in the areas of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, blood products and tobacco – including the defence of the largest such type of case to have come before the Irish Courts
- Advising the Orion Corporation in relation to a multi jurisdiction legislation
- Acting on behalf of Biogen IDEC MA Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Conor Med Systems and other global healthcare companies in alleged patent infringement litigation
Ten Earlsfort Terrace
T: +353 1 920 1000
F: +353 1 920 1020
E: [email protected]
Joanelle O’Cleirigh is “a very experienced and trusted adviser and litigator who can be relied on to deliver excellent service and advice. She is very well informed and decisive in her approach, and takes on board our particular concerns and wishes.”
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2019
David O’Donohoe is noted for his “huge knowledge” with clients describing him as a “straight talker.”
Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2019