Our experienced multi-disciplinary investigations teams from across the firm have led many of the most high-profile, complex, and demanding investigations and statutory inquiries in Ireland in recent years.
Our clients include Irish and international, private, public and listed companies, financial institutions, regulatory authorities, governmental departments and agencies, and private individuals.
We advise our clients in relation to all aspects of regulatory, compliance, and enforcement issues, including associated large-scale document and information governance management, analytics, and review exercises.
When necessary, we call upon our international networks of local counsel with whom we have a long-established relationship. We can, therefore, combine the highest quality of our local and global expertise with the ability to provide efficient and experienced teams to manage complex multi-jurisdictional investigations.
Arthur Cox is one of the few Irish law firms to be ranked in the Global Investigations Review GIR 100 and has been ranked in this listing for several years, most recently appearing in the 2022 GIR 100. GIR selects 100 leading firms from around the world that have the expertise to deal with complex cross-border investigations, including both government-led and in-house investigations.
Our Investigations Expertise
Due to the sensitive nature of the work involved, we cannot disclose details of our mandates, but some examples of the type of work undertaken include:
- Advising financial institutions on the Central Bank of Ireland’s industry-wide tracker mortgages inquiry
- Advised various financial institutions on matters relating to the Oireachtas Committee of Inquiry into the Banking Crisis
- Acting as investigators (including on an independent basis) in internal investigations and multi-jurisdictional regulatory reviews and advising on reporting, including self-reporting, mitigation strategies and liaising as necessary with regulators, including the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement
- Advising various clients on risk and compliance reviews in anticipation, or in the aftermath of, an internal or regulatory investigation
- Advising various clients on all aspects of administrative and statutory inquiries, including tribunals and commissions of inquiry