Our Corporate Crime Group has extensive experience dealing with both domestic and international law enforcement agencies and other investigative and prosecutorial bodies and regulators on corporate crime, fraud, asset tracing, anti-bribery, anti-corruption, dawn raids, whistleblowing, lobbying and investigations.
Our clients include Irish and international companies, financial institutions, regulatory authorities, governmental departments and agencies, and private individuals.
Our Corporate Crime Group partners and associates have a proven and successful track record in advising clients on all aspects of regulatory, compliance and enforcement issues. They have also been at the core of the most significant and highest profile investigations, statutory inquiries and tribunals that have taken place in Ireland over the past number of years.
Our Corporate Crime Group is closely involved with numerous international organisations, including:
- FraudNet: An international network of leading fraud litigation and asset tracing specialists under the auspices of the Corporate Crime Services Unit of the International Chamber of Commerce
- TRACE: A global anti-bribery organisation
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association: An international Association that promotes common business and professional interests of women lawyers who specialise in the representation of corporations, other organisations and individuals facing government enforcement actions (criminal, civil, regulatory, and administrative), and in internal investigations, compliance and ethics matters
- Lex Mundi: The world’s leading network of independent law firms
- International Bar Association (IBA) Anti-Corruption Committee: An international forum for private and public-sector practitioners to discuss and promote anti-corruption laws, compliance practices, enforcement trends and asset recovery issues.
- Acting as investigators (including on an independent basis) in internal investigations and multi-jurisdictional regulatory reviews and advising on reporting, including self-reporting, mitigation strategies and liaising as necessary with authorities and regulators
- Advising a foreign sovereign state regarding the freezing of €100m by An Garda Síochána (the Irish police) under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010, which represented the alleged proceeds of crimes committed against that state
- Advising clients regarding investigations and prosecutions by the Health and Safety Authority, Director of Public Prosecutions, Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement, Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, the Revenue Commissioners and all other regulators
- Acting for a multi-national US technology company and its Irish subsidiary in an insider-threat and forensic IT investigation against two former employees who had deliberately misappropriated our clients’ data and had established a rival entity in the same market
- Advising private client in relation to the ongoing State established Commission of Inquiry into matters in respect of the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation
- Acting for defendants in Irish High Court proceedings concerning the alleged multi-billion euro Dolphin Trust ponzi scheme operated in Germany.