Joanelle works for a broad range of clients, particularly those in the healthcare, life sciences and regulated sectors. Joanelle also advises clients in relation to inquiries and investigations.
Joanelle’s Corporate Crime experience includes advising in relation to: the conduct of investigations and inquiries; some of Ireland’s most significant Tribunals of Inquiry, Commissions of Investigation; and on some of the most complex and sensitive statutory and corporate investigations.
Her healthcare/life sciences expertise includes advising on:
- contractual issues;
- disputes/closure of services;
- HIQA regulations;
- HPRA and Compliance;
- investigations/reviews/look-backs and product recalls;
- medical negligence
- cross border healthcare;
- constitutional law;
- privacy and data issues;
- capacity and consent;
- maternity services;
- child protection.
In May 2022, Joanelle was appointed by the Irish Government to represent the Business and Financial sectors on the newly established Advisory Council against Economic Crime and Corruption.
- Acting for clients in relation to many significant high profile investigations and inquiries to include more recently the Commission of Investigation in the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation (IBRC)
- Acting for the Child and Family Agency (Tusla) in the Tribunal of Inquiry into Protected Disclosures made under the Protected Disclosures Act 2014 (Disclosures Tribunal)
- Advising clients in relation to the Commission of Investigation in Mother and Baby Homes
- Acting for the Blackrock Clinic, the leading private Healthcare provider in Ireland, in relation to significant ongoing shareholder dispute
- Advising Chanelle Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing Limited in relation to High Court Judicial Review proceedings taken by Arthropharm (Europe) Limited, against the regulator, HPRA
- Acting for the Religious Sisters of Charity in relation to St. Vincent’s Centre Cork and successfully defeating the HSE’s (Irish Health Service) Court application concerning the closure of the Centre; currently advising in relation to High Court proceedings concerning the status of the Centre
- Advising regulated clients in relation to IAASA and HIQA investigations
- Advising the Orion Corporation in relation to a multi jurisidiction legislation
- Advising a number of pharma and medical device companies on product liability cases