Grainne practises in finance law with particular emphasis on real estate finance, construction finance, syndicate financing, leveraged financing, receivables financing and lending to QIAIFs, ICAVs and REITs.
Grainne advises financial institutions and borrowers on: syndicate finance; real estate finance (including student accommodation and social housing); construction finance; leveraged acquisition finance; green and sustainable finance; debt restructuring, including debt for equity swaps, warrant issues and debt write offs; financing to Qualifying Investor Alternative Investment Funds (QIAIFs); Irish Collective Asset-management Vehicles (ICAVs); Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Limited Partnerships; unitranche financing and mezzanine financing.
Grainne was ranked as a “Star Individual” by Chambers and Partners from 2018 – 2022, and was the only Banking and Finance lawyer in Ireland with this ranking.
- Currently acting for syndicate lenders to a number of large Irish companies, including the Dawn Meats Group, the IPL Group, the Dairygold Group, the BWG Group and the Bon Secours hospital group
- Advised Greencore Group plc on its syndicated facilities
- Advised Kennedy Wilson on a loan portfolio purchase from NAMA
- Advised Kennedy Wilson on the financing of the Capital Dock project in Dublin
- Advised Quadrant Real Estate Advisors on the financing of a number of construction projects in Dublin
- Advised Ulster Bank on the financing of a portfolio of 30 residential investment properties in Dublin
- Advised Kennedy Wilson on the financing of the Grange residential investment property in Dublin and the Elysian residential investment property in Cork
- Advising Wells Fargo on the financing of the development of the Cherrywood Business Park
- Advising Wells Fargo and Bank of Ireland on the financing of a number of student accommodation projects
- Advising Bank of Ireland on the financing of the construction of houses and apartments on a number of sites in Dublin, Wicklow and Galway