Ruth has extensive experience advising the firm’s clients on all aspects of domestic and international finance across a variety of sectors with a particular focus on aviation, transportation and asset finance.
Ruth regularly works on complex leasing and asset financing transactions and advises clients on a broad range of transactions. Ruth has advised extensively on loan and lease restructurings during the Covid-19 pandemic and this has provided her with unique experience in the market.
- Advising the Steering Committee of noteholders in the restructure of Nordic Aviation Capital by way of Irish scheme of arrangement
- Advising Deutsche Lufthansa on its EUR€3bn state-guaranteed loan from state bank KfW and a syndicate of other private banks
- Advising Ryanair plc on a range of finance and leasing transactions
- Advising the syndicated lenders to AerCap on its term loan facilities
- Advising the ad hoc committee in relation to E Trawler plc trading as Car Trawler in the car hire sector
- Advising the Steering Committee of secured creditors in the Chapter 11 of Waypoint Group in the helicopter leasing sector
- Advising Dubai Aerospace Enterprise on numerous sales and leasebacks with various airlines
- Advising Lombard North Central on its provision of credit facilities to Lease Corporation International
- Advising various global lessors on the establishment of their Irish leasing platforms, their ongoing operations, and leasing and finance transactions
- Advising various large international corporates that are present in Ireland in connection with all Irish aspects of senior credit and bond financings
- Advising various international financial institutions (in their capacity as agents and arrangers of facilities to corporates and funds that are present in Ireland) in connection with all Irish aspects of senior credit facilities
- 2007 – BCL, University College Dublin
- 2012 – Diploma in Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring, Law Society of Ireland
- 2011 – Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland