David is a partner in and Head of the firm’s Banking & Finance Group. David specialises in domestic and cross-border finance transactions.
David advises lenders, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies and corporates across a wide range of domestic and cross-border finance transactions and has extensive experience in advising lenders on their restructuring and enforcement options. These transactions include real estate and development finance, leveraged and acquisition finance, investment grade, fund finance and corporate lending.
- Advised Green Property in relation to refinancing of its credit facilities totalling approximately €750 million
- Advised Bank of Ireland and KBC Bank Ireland in relation to a refinance of senior debt in an amount of over €100 million for an Irish property investment group
- Advised Morgan Stanley in relation to the provision of facilities in excess of €100 million for the acquisition of commercial real estate in Dublin
- Advised Cap Vest and Valeo Foods on the finance aspects of the acquisition of a series of businesses including Jacobs Fruitfield, Rowse Honey and Balconi
- Advised Allianz Real Estate in relation to facilities to fund a large office portfolio investment by Starwood Capital
- Advised Starwood Capital and Hibernia Reit Plc on the finance aspects of a joint venture on a large mixed use real estate development project
- Advised Marlet in relation to debt and equity financing for the acquisition and development of a number of large office and residential sites in the Dublin area
- Advising BAML and JP Morgan as lead arrangers in relation to a financing for Adient plc
- Advised IBRC (In Special Liquidation) and the Special Liquidators in relation to the sale of large portions of its commercial real estate loan book
- Advised Brookfield and Hibernia Real Estate on the €400m refinancing of part of their Irish property portfolio”