Darragh is a partner in the firm’s Finance Group and head of the New York office. He has broad experience of a diverse range of financing transactions including development, fund, real estate, warehouse, acquisition and deleveraging transactions.
Darragh acts for both borrowers and funders, with a particular emphasis on borrower clients and on private equity and investment bank funder clients. He has also advised a wide range of clients on the buy-side and the sell-side of portfolio acquisition transactions (both performing and non-performing).
- Advising Goldman Sachs in connection with the funding of a large mixed use development (retail and office) in Dublin city centre
- Advising NatWest Markets on all aspects of a warehouse facility financing the establishment of a CRE lending platform in Ireland
- Advising various purchasers (incl. Goldman Sachs International, CarVal Investors and Athene Asset Management LLC) on the purchase of multiple residential and CRE NPL portfolios
- Advising Brookfield Asset Management on the financing of its investment in Imagine Communications Group
- Advising Apollo Global Management on the financing of its acquisition of development of one of Ireland’s largest group of hotels
- Advising a major Irish bank in connection with the financing of the acquisition of the Radisson Hotel, Galway
- Advising Bank of America, N.A. (as Agent) in connection with all Irish aspects of facilities to Avago Technologies funding its acquisition of Broadcom
- Advising Starwood Capital on the financing of the acquisition by a newly established ICAV of an Irish property portfolio
- Advising various large international corporates (including Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Dell Inc., Stratus Technologies and Pentair plc) in connection with all Irish aspects of senior credit and bond financings
- Advising Start Mortgages on all aspects of the securitisation of loan portfolios in respect of which it holds legal title