Our Tax Group is one of the leading taxation law practices in Ireland and is now at the forefront of transactions in the structured finance area as well as maintaining its traditional strength in corporate finance, corporate migration, mergers and acquisitions, banking, investment funds, real estate and international tax.
The Group works on an integrated basis with teams in the corporate, finance, real estate, litigation and other practices in the firm. The Group also provides a strong “front-end” service, where our team of professionals takes the lead on advisory and transactional matters.
The Group is comprised of tax advisers, whose various backgrounds and abilities enables us to provide a fully comprehensive and commercially sound business tax service to a wide range of domestic and international clients from all sectors.
Arthur Cox provides a full range of tax consultancy services across all tax-heads, undertaking both transactional and advisory work for national and international clients. Some of the areas in which we advise include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Migrations
- Structured Finance
- Asset Financing Structures
- Investment Funds
- Real Estate Investment and Development
- International Tax Planning
- Double Taxation Treaties
- Contentious Tax Matters
- Employee Benefits and Packages
- E-Commerce Start-ups
The Arthur Cox tax team has a wealth of experience on a wide range of transactions and for a broad and diverse range of clients across all sectors and increasingly, with an international element. Our experience includes advising on tax issues associated with setting up in Ireland including tax aspects of servers located in Ireland, maximising tax incentives available in Ireland, efficient repatriation of profits, tax aspects relating to data and IP in Ireland and other tax advices.
We have set out below just some of the deals we have worked on in the recent past:
- Advising NAMA and the Special Liquidators of IBRC in relation to a number of loan book sales.
- Advising a number of bidders and funders such as Blackstone, Carval and Citi in relation to loan book acquisitions.
- The tax practice advises on numerous securitisation, CLO, CDO, CMBS and synthetic finance transactions as part of the Firm’s very successful capital markets practice.
- We advised on the largest M&A deals in Ireland: Eaton’s acquisition of Cooper for $11.8bn; Actavis’ acquisition of Warner Chilcott for $11bn; Actavis’ acquisition of Forest Laboratories for $25bn.
- Arthur Cox has acted as tax and legal advisers on almost all major multi-nationals migrating into Ireland including Accenture, Cooper Industries, Covidien, Charter plc, Ingersoll-Rand, Shire plc, James Hardie, Warner Chilcott and Pentair.
- The tax team has advised on various cross border European mergers including the merger of Sachsen Bank’s Irish operations (SLBE) with Landesbank Baden- Württemberg in Germany; the merger of Bank of Scotland Ireland into Bank of Scotland plc.
The deals in which the Tax Group have been involved illustrate the strength and depth of the tax team across all types of transactions in both a national and international context.