Fintan specialises in tax. He represents companies on tax disputes and the tax issues arising from transactions such as acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations, migrations, securitisations, IP on-shoring and financings.
Fintan advises multinationals, investment funds, banks and insurance companies in relation to insurance, financial and structured products. He advises and steers clients through tax disputes, tax litigation and Revenue enquiries. Previously, Fintan worked in a City of London law firm and a New York headquartered law firm.
- Running successful litigation at the Tax Appeals Commission (“TAC”) and the Superior Courts on issue such as VAT recovery for listed holding companies, management expenses deduction, taxation of share recharge payments, expense deduction of withholding tax with a 100% win rate at the TAC
- Running MAP and APA processes with the Irish Revenue and tax authorities in a number of countries over transfer pricing matters and other issues such as CEO compensation, dual residence etc.
- Advising CRH on its transition to a US primary listing on the New York Stock Exchange (2023)
- Advising Viatris on the sale of its biosimilars business to Biocon for €3bn (2022)
- Advising PRA Health Sciences on its $12bn sale to ICON plc (2021)
- Advising Jazz Pharmaceuticals on its proposed acquisition of GW Pharmaceuticals for a total consideration of $7.2 billion (2021)
- Advising Ingersoll Rand on the $15 billion combination of its industrial business with Gardner Denver, the first Reverse Morris Trust involving an Irish Company (2020)
- EU risk retention compliant originator companies and CLOs for Blackstone/GSO, Chenavari, Partners Group, Napier Park, H.I.G and others
- Advising Shire on the Irish aspects of its acquisition by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited for $62 billion (2019)
- Advising Praxair, Inc. on its $73bn merger of equals with Linde A.G. under a new Irish holding company to be known as Linde plc (2018)