David is a partner in the Tax Group and provides advice across all tax heads on a broad range of commercial matters.
David regularly advises clients including Irish and international PLCs, domestic and international banks, semi-State bodies, private equity houses and private Irish companies. David works with corporate clients on mergers & acquisitions, corporate migrations, restructurings, re-organisations and IP structuring. In addition, David has significant experience advising on transactions in the financial services sector, working with a number of lenders, arrangers and issuers on structured finance transactions such as CLOs, CMBS/RMBS and receivables financings. He also works with clients on resolving tax disputes and on structuring real estate transactions.
- Advising a number of leading financial institutions such as Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Citi, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley on a variety of structured finance transactions
- Advising managers such as Apollo, AXA, Blackstone, Carlyle, Chenavari and KKR on CLO transactions
- Advising a number of other arrangers and managers on the establishment of Irish originator platforms for CLOs and advising on a series of CLOs utilising these structures
- Advising on a wide range of finance transactions across various asset classes in jurisdictions including the US, Canada, China, Germany, the UK and Poland
- Advising CRH plc on its acquisition of assets from Lafarge and Holcim for €6.5 billion and associated €3 billion bank finance and €1.6 billion share placing
- Advising Tyco International on its $20 billion merger with Johnson Controls
- Advising International Paper on its bid for Smurfit Kappa
- Advising a number of domestic and international clients on Ireland’s intellectual property regime, including advising the on-shoring of intellectual property assets from other jurisdictions into Ireland
- Representing clients in tax disputes before the Irish High Court and the Tax Appeals Commission