A partner in our Finance Group for nearly 15 years, Ultan has extensive experience in Irish and cross-border work covering a very diverse range of finance transactions.
Ultan has extensive experience in advising financial institutions and borrowers (individuals and corporates) on a wide range of domestic and international finance transactions including secured and unsecured lending, fund lending, asset finance, real estate (investment and development) finance, acquisition finance, subscription facilities, syndicated/bilateral loans and structured finance, in addition to experience in debt restructuring and workouts.
- Advising Mediahuis N.V. on Irish aspects of the financing of its acquisition of Independent News & Media plc
- Advising Allergan plc on Irish aspects of the financing of its acquisition by AbbVie Inc.
- Advising Alanis Capital in connection with an acquisition, refinancing and restructuring of facilities relating to two hotels
- Advising a pharmacy group on the refinancing of its facilities with Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c.
- Advising Total Produce plc in connection with the financing of its acquisition of a 45% share in the Dole Group (USA based)
- Advising Bank of Ireland in connection with the restructuring and refinancing of facilities with a hotel operating group
- Advising Five Arrows (a Rothschild vehicle) in respect of a number of acquisition transactions by the Archas Insurance Group
- Advising the Honeywell Group on the Irish aspects of its corporate “spin-off” transaction
- Advising Ulster Bank in connection with construction and investment facilities in respect of the Sackville Hotel, Dublin
- Advising UCD on development facilities for student accommodation provided by the Housing Finance Agency plc
- LL B, 1991, Trinity College Dublin
- LL M (Banking and Corporate Finance), 1995, Fordham University, New York
- Admitted to the New York State Bar, 1994
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2000
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland
Ultan Shannon is “a seasoned partner who provides clear commercial legal advice and delivers transactions on time.”
IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, 2019
Ultan Shannon is “experienced and good to deal with.”
Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2018
Ultan Shannon is “thorough, knowledgeable and ensures that timelines can be met.”
Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2017
Ultan Shannon is a “very good transactional lawyer.”
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2017