Construction and Engineering
Arthur Cox is one of the few Irish law firms to have a dedicated team of construction and engineering law specialists, offering expert advice to all parties involved in construction and engineering projects in both Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Our Construction and Engineering Group combines contentious and non-contentious expertise and we understand the ever-changing commercial objectives of our clients.
The Construction and Engineering Group is headed by Niav O’Higgins who alongside Karen Killoran works with a strong team of associates and consultants. All members of the Group are industry specialists and draw on a wide variety of skills and experience from both within the Group and from other groups within Arthur Cox.
We advise on issues arising throughout all stages of a construction/engineering project and in conjunction with other specialist teams, advises from project inception, planning, procurement, project execution, project completion, building regulations, health and safety and the resolution of any disputes. We assist clients in balancing risk and opportunity to achieve their commercial objectives on time and within budget. We co-ordinate our knowledge and experience to work as part of the multi-disciplinary team engaged on each project, with the focus on facilitating the smooth delivery of projects.
We also advise on contentious matters which can arise on a construction project with particular focus on promoting early case assessment and effective dispute resolution strategies for our clients. We advise on all forms of ADR including mediation, conciliation, expert determination, adjudication and arbitration, as well as advising in High Court and Commercial Court proceedings. We also represent clients in health and safety matters, including defending enforcement actions brought by the Health and Safety Authority.
- Advising on significant infrastructure projects in the air, road and rail transport sectors, including daa plc on a range of infrastructure and other capital expansion projects at Dublin Airport, utilising a range of standard forms, advising on design appointments, traditional and D&B contracts, as well as on dispute resolution through conciliation & mediation
- Advising a range of developers, funders, landlords and tenants on all aspects of the design, construction, redevelopment, fit-out and financing of commercial and residential developments including advising the developer of 7 blocks of mixed use residential commercial and retail space at Capital Dock, one of the largest developments of its kind in Europe
- Advising a number of wind energy developers on numerous capital expenditure projects including Coillte on the development, construction and financing of a 60MW windfarm at Sliabh Bawn
- Advising a number of clients in the technology sector including advice on all construction law aspects of the design and construction of a 100MW data centre in Co. Meath
- Acting for a number of global pharmaceuticals on construction related matters concerning operation and expansion in Ireland including the preparation of construction contracts, design appointments and ancillary security documentation