Brian is a partner in the Real Estate Department and has advised both domestic and international clients on some of the largest real estate transactions in Ireland in recent years.
Brian has broad experience across all real estate sectors (office, industrial, PRS/BTR, hospitality and retail) and a wide range of transactions, including: portfolio and single-asset acquisitions & disposals, sale and leasebacks, commercial leasing, forward-fund and forward-purchase development agreements and landlord & tenant issues / asset management.
Brian maintains a diverse practice and also regularly collaborates with colleagues across the Firm on a variety of cross-border and domestic deals, including: renewable energy projects, loan sales, restructuring & insolvency arrangements and corporate M&A.
- Advised Blackstone on its acquisition of the Cedar Portfolio
- Advised Mid-West Holdings & Tetrarch on the sale of the Powerscourt and Marker Hotels
- Advised Archer Group on its acquisition of the Conrad Hotel
- Advised Kennedy Wilson on the acquisition and development of the Capital Dock scheme in Dublin 2
- Advised Bain Capital on its acquisition of the Newmarket development in Dublin 8 and pre-let of the hotel element to Premier Inn / Whitbread
- Advised Saco/Edyn Group on its forward purchase and development of two aparthotel sites at Ormond Quay and North Wall Quay in Dublin
- Advised Tetrarch Capital on its acquisition of Howth Castle & Demesne and the forward funding of the Mark Street aparthotel scheme in Dublin 2
- Advised Allied Real Estate Group on the acquisition of Royal Liver Retail Park, Old Naas Road, Dublin
- Advised Energia on its acquisition of the Derrysallagh wind farm
- Advised AGC Equity Partners on its acquisition of the PWC headquarters at One Spencer Dock
- BCL, 2002, University College Cork
- Diploma in Arbitration, 2007, University College Dublin
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2007
Brian O’Rourke can “manage the process and get the deal across the line.”
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2021