Asset Management and Investment Funds
Arthur Cox’s Asset Management and Investment Funds Group is a market leader, advising on all aspects of investment management issues and the establishment and ongoing operation of investment funds in Ireland. Established in 1990, the Group is very experienced, “well resourced and thorough” and a “standard bearer for excellence”.
The Group continues to demonstrate its in-depth understanding of all types of investment funds, including UCITS, QIAIFs, REITs, hedge funds, private equity funds, loan funds and real estate funds. Its reputation for expertise and innovation is endorsed by an impressive client list consisting of leading international financial institutions, investment banks and asset management companies.
The Group has consistently worked with clients over the years to develop innovative solutions to their product ranges and other requirements. Transactions which are firsts of their kind and with which the Group was involved include:
- Obtaining approval from the Central Bank for the establishment of side pockets in a QIF
- Obtaining clearance from Central Bank to allow UCITS to invest in bank loans
- Obtaining approval from the Central Bank for pooling of collective investment scheme assets
- Arranging the first redomiciliation of a Cayman fund to Ireland
- Establishing the first exchange-traded fund in Ireland
- Establishing the first REIT property fund
- Establishing the first money market fund as a UCITS
- Obtaining authorisation for the first multi-manager UCITS fund
- Obtaining authorisation to establish the first UCITS fund using a Mauritian subsidiary company to invest in India
The Group closely monitors developments emerging from the European Commission and various industry bodies. The partners are particularly active members of various industry groups charged with monitoring such activities including the legislative sub-group of An Taoiseach’s IFSC Funds Working Group and the Legal & Regulatory and AIF Regulation and AIFMD Reform Working Groups of the Irish Funds Industry Association.
- Establishing all kinds of investment funds (including drafting fund documentation) and advising on fund structures
- Advising on day-to-day legal, operational, administration and company secretarial issues relating to funds
- Advising clients in relation to all Central Bank rules relating to management and governance including new developments as they arise
- Liaising with the Central Bank and Euronext Dublin (formerly the Irish Stock Exchange)
- Establishing investment firms in Ireland including MiFID firms, UCITS management companies and AIFMs
- Advising fund service providers including investment managers, depositaries and fund administrators
- Advising on cross border financial services within the European Union and co-ordinating with foreign counsel in relation to the registration of funds outside of Ireland
- Listing services for investment funds