Ian is a partner in the firm’s Asset Management and Investment Funds Group with experience in all aspects of Irish fund law and regulation.
Ian’s particular focus is on alternative investments including all aspects of AIFMD as well as real estate, hedge, private equity, credit, infrastructure and liquid fund formation. Ian has extensive experience in Irish Real Estate Funds having acted for some of the world’s leading real estate managers and investors in the establishment, organisation and ongoing management of Irish fund structures. Ian is also experienced in the establishment and ongoing regulation of ETF fund and management operations in Ireland. Ian has worked in the investment funds industry in Ireland and internationally and both in practice and in-house roles for over 20 years.
- LL B, 1996, University of Wales
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2002
- Member of Law Society of Ireland
- Member of Law Society England & Wales (non-practising)
- Member of East Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands) (non-practising)
- Member of Grand Court of the Cayman Islands (non-practising)
Ian Dillon is an “exceptional leader.”
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2019
Ian Dillon is “personable, knowledgeable and always has all the answers for European regulations.”
Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2019
Ian Dillon provides “ultra-responsiveness and the sort of practical and pragmatic advice needed in the industry.”
Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2018