Dara is a partner in the Asset Management and Investment Funds Group.
Dara has acted in a wide range of transactions advising fund promoters, investment managers, financial institutions, service providers and investors on the establishment and operation of all types of investment funds (including UCITS, QIAIFs, ICAVs, closed-ended funds, hedge funds, direct lending funds and private equity funds). Dara sits on the Council of the Irish Funds Industry Association and is a former chair of the Association’s AIF Regulation and AIFMD Reform Working Group.
- LL B (Ling. Germ.), 1999, Trinity College Dublin
- LL M, 2000, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
- Diploma in Financial Services Law and Regulation, 2006, London City University
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2003
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (non-practising), 2010
- Member of German Irish Chamber of Commerce
Dara Harrington is noted for his “outstanding service in all aspects – responsiveness, experience and resourcefulness.”
Chambers Global: The World Leading Lawyers for Business, 2019
Dara Harrington is “exceptionally composed and calm, and provides clear and succinct advice.”
Chambers Global: The World Leading Lawyers for Business, 2018
Dara Harrington is “knowledgeable, accessible and commercial. He is also friendly and a pleasure to work with.”
IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, 2018
Dara Harrington “is the perfect combination of a technical lawyer with a good commercial sense and feel for the asset management industry.”
Chambers Global: The World Leading Lawyers for Business, 2017