Migrations, Reorganisations and Spin-Outs
We have consistently led the way in inversions and migrations of group holding companies and/or tax residence to Ireland. We have also acted over the last number of years in relation to various spin-offs by NYSE/NASDAQ listed companies to form new listed companies.
We regularly advise our domestic and international clients on the complex legal issues that arise from group reorganisations. We also regularly advise on high profile debt restructurings. In addition, we have vast experience in advising on court sanctioned schemes of arrangement and capital reductions.
- Advised Pentair on the spin-off of its electrical business to nVent Electric, a company listed on the NYSE
- Advised Praxair, Inc. on its $70 billion merger of equals with Linde A.G. and the admission of Linde plc to the NYSE and the main market in Frankfurt
- Advised Cooper Industries, Covidien, Global Indemnity, Ingersoll-Rand, Seagate, TBS Shipping, Warner Chilcott and Willis on their inversions to Ireland by incorporation of a new Irish holding company
- Advised Johnson Controls International on the spin-off of Adient into a separately listed company
- Advised Tyco on its $19 billion corporate migration from Switzerland to Ireland