We have one of the leading public M&A practices in Ireland, advising on all aspects of mergers and takeovers. Our market-leading team understand the intricacies of the Takeover Rules and has the best experience to navigate public M&A transactions.
Our M&A practice is enhanced by the strength and depth of the firm’s specialist departments including employment, pensions, competition and regulated markets, environment and planning, and tax.
- Advising Permanent TSB plc on its proposed acquisition of certain elements of the Ulster Bank retail, SME and asset finance business from Ulster Bank
- Advising European Sustainable Growth Acquisition Corp, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, on its business combination with ADS-TEC Energy GmbH, to take Ads-tec public
- Advising Kerry Group plc on the disposal of its consumer foods, meats and meals business to Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation and also on its acquisition of Niacet Corporation
- Advising Total Produce plc on numerous matters and transactions including most recently on its combination with Dole Food Company, Inc. and the subsequent IPO of Dole plc
- Advising the lenders to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice on the £2.6 billion recommended cash offer for UDG Healthcare plc
- Advising Strongbridge Biopharma plc on its acquisition by Xeris Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Advising PRA Health Sciences on its $12 billion acquisition by ICON plc
- Advising Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc on its acquisition of GW Pharmaceuticals plc
- Advising Applegreen plc on its €720 million take-private by a consortium led by management and Blackstone
- Advising Fusion Fuel Green plc on its IPO through a SPAC merger
- Advising Aon plc on its recommended $80 billion all-share combination with Willis Towers Watson plc
- Advising Flutter Entertainment plc on numerous matters and transactions including its acquisition of Sisal S.p.A. from CVC Capital Partners Fund VI, its sale of Oddschecker Global Media to Bruin Capital and its all-share combination with Stars Group
- Advising Allergan plc on its $63 billion merger with AbbVie
- Advising Green REIT plc on its €1.34 billion public takeover by certain funds managed by Henderson Park, comprising a multi-party sales process involving negotiation of transaction documents with multiple sophisticated bidders in parallel
- Advising International Paper on its $9 billion offer for Smurfit Kappa
- Advising Shire plc on its acquisition by Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
- Advising Praxair, Inc. on its $70 billion merger of equals with Linde A.G. and the admission of Linde plc to the NYSE and the main market in Frankfurt