Corporate risks are more prevalent and unpredictable than ever before. Clients are facing increasing legal challenges, more wide-ranging stakeholder pressures and an ever expanding regulatory and statutory framework.
We assist our clients to develop effective compliance and crisis-management programmes to control these risks. We understand that whilst most risks can be mitigated by robust systems and a strong culture, some risks are entirely unpredictable and unpreventable.
Our team proactively manages investigations of any size, type and urgency. Our goals are to help our clients determine their potential exposure, reduce costs and damage, restore confidence, avoid or limit sanctions, and achieve a satisfactory determination so they can return to business as usual.
We have extensive expertise in dealing with all types of internal investigations including:
- suspected breaches of company law;
- fraud, theft, bribery and corruption;
- whistleblower notifications;
- audit enquiries;
- data breaches;
- unethical behaviour;
- money laundering;
- cyber-security issues;
- tax compliance issues;
- product liability concerns; and
- anti-competitive behaviour.
- Acted as an independent investigator regarding the launch and withdrawal of a retail product. Given the business-critical element, our team operated to a highly abbreviated timeline in response to the demanding circumstances and value of the investigation to the client.
- Advised an international sporting organisation in relation to a non-statutory inquiry and all associated issues. Whilst the inquiry was conducted on a national basis, we advised on all aspects of the investigatory process which included liaising with various stakeholders and relevant parties at both a national and international level.
- Advised a multi-national construction company in respect of a tax investigation resulting from efforts to circumvent the company’s procurement system. The investigation required advice in respect of statutory accounting requirements, regulatory and criminal reporting obligations to the Director of Corporate Enforcement and Irish law enforcement, and conducting employee interviews, while at the same time advising the company in respect of its engagement with the Irish tax authorities.
- Conducted an urgent fact-finding investigation on behalf of a regulated entity in relation to discrepancies identified between regulatory approved products and those launched in the market. The review included an extensive data gathering and review exercise, interviews with key personnel and the production of an interim information report and final report to be sent to the regulator which set out the findings of the review and recommendations for the entity in respect of organisational and process/procedural change going forward.
- Advised a global client in relation to an investigation by the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement regarding pricing and accounting practices adopted by a multinational retailer in our client’s dealings with them. The investigation ran parallel to an investigation in the UK.