Equity Capital Markets
We have Ireland’s leading practice in new issue work, advising on initial public offerings and secondary issues of shares and other securities on the Irish, London and New York Stock Exchanges and other international markets, acting both on issuer and underwriter mandates.
We have advised on Ireland’s largest capital raisings and the most innovative investment and capital structures.
Our ECM team also has extensive experience advising listed companies on using their shares as consideration for acquisitions, effecting share buybacks (including by way of accelerated share repurchase), share consolidations/splits, as well as reorganisations and reductions of capital for listed companies.
- Advising on the initial public offerings of Aer Lingus, Allegion, Allied Irish Banks, Applegreen, eircom, Fleetmatics, GH Research, Globoforce, Green REIT, Mallinckrodt, Nabriva Therapeutics, Nexvet, nVent, Paddy Power, Presbia, Prothena, Strongbridge Biopharma and TVC Holdings
- Advising Total Produce on its merger with Dole, and the IPO of Dole on the NYSE
- Advising the underwriters on the IPO of GH Research plc (Nasdaq)
- Advising Fusion Fuel on its IPO through a merger with HL Acquisitions Corp., a SPAC (Nasdaq)
- Advising Euroclear on the migration of settlement of Irish equity securities from CREST to Euroclear Bank as a result of Brexit, and advising issuer clients on the shareholder meetings and other arrangements to facilitate this transfer
- Advising Flutter Entertainment plc (London; Dublin) on placings worth almost £2 billion
- Advising Hammerson (London) on its secondary listing on Euronext Dublin
- Advising Greencore plc (London) on its £90 million share placing
- Advising on the US$83 billion merger of Linde and Praxair, and the listing of the merged entity on the NYSE and Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- Advising the sponsors on €12 billion IPO of Allied Irish Banks in London and Dublin
- Advising Strongbridge Biopharma (Nasdaq) on the disposal of certain assets to Novo Nordisk for €145 million;, and a 10% strategic investment in Strongbridge by Novo Nordisk
- Advising Aryzta A.G. on its €800 million underwritten rights issue and the resulting admission of shares on the SIX Swiss Exchange and Euronext Dublin
- Advising Bank of Ireland on the insertion of its new holding company and re-listing its shares in London and Dublin