Our Healthcare Group is a multi-disciplinary team which brings together lawyers from a wide range of practice areas in the firm to advise our clients in the healthcare sector.
Our sectoral approach allows us to understand the healthcare industry and its legal, regulatory and commercial challenges. The Group is the leading group of its kind in the country with a long tradition of advising in this sector. We advise clients in all areas and levels of healthcare provision including statutory bodies, health boards, health insurers, healthcare organisations, hospitals and doctors.
- Advising CapVest Partners on its disposal of the Mater Private Hospital to InfraVia Capital Partners
- Advising Barchester Healthcare Limited on the sale of Knightsbridge Care Village to Carechoice Limited, an Ireland-based operator of independent living, assisted living, nursing home care and retirement facilities and a portfolio of InfraVia Capital Partners
- Representing the Blackrock Clinic in the long running High Court litigation concerning the shareholder dispute
- Representing St Vincent’s Centre, Cork in relation to High Court litigation concerning the closure and transfer of the services to the HSE
- Advising Sisters of Charity on the transfer of St. Vincent’s Healthcare Group
- Advising a state of the art West of Ireland health care provider in relation to various corporate and commercial matters
- Advising a voluntary organisation providing comprehensive community-based services to people with intellectual disabilities, in all matters generally
- Advising a number of independent hospitals, on corporate governance matters and contract negotiations with the HSE