Deirdre is a partner in the Litigation, Dispute Resolution and Investigations Group. She specialises in investigations, commercial and regulatory disputes and corporate / white collar crime.
Deirdre advises a range of domestic and international clients on significant commercial and regulatory disputes, investigations (internal, regulatory, cross-border and criminal) and criminal prosecutions. Deirdre is a founding member of the Ireland Chapter of the Women’s White Collar Defence Association (WWCDA), the Irish representative member of the European Criminal Bar Association Anti-Corruption Europe (ACE) Working Group and Committee member of the Health and Safety Lawyers’ Association of Ireland. Deirdre co-authored the Ireland chapter of the White-Collar Crime Guide 2019 for Chambers and Partners and the ACE Country Report for Ireland on anti-bribery / corruption. Deirdre is also an accredited CEDR mediator.
- Advising financial institutions on enforcement investigations by the Central Bank of Ireland under its Administrative Sanctions Procedure relating to consumer mis-selling.
- Advising a financial institution on an enforcement investigation by the Central Bank of Ireland under its Administrative Sanctions Procedure relating to corporate governance and breaches of lending restrictions.
- Acting for the Central Bank of Ireland (legal division) in High Court proceedings relating to the liquidation of Custom House Capital (In Liquidation).
- Acting for the Central Bank of Ireland (enforcement division) in the successful defence of High Court proceedings challenging decisions to convene a Statutory Inquiry into the conduct of individuals working in a regulated firm and in the subsequent Statutory Inquiry.
- Advising on the establishment of a redress scheme by a regulated firm in the financial sector.
- Acting for a financial institution in the defence of High Court proceedings brought by almost 200 consumers for mis-selling and related claims.
- Acting in the defence of criminal prosecutions for companies in a range of sectors including financial services, construction, energy, pharmaceutical, waste and education: for Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AG in the defence of criminal proceedings arising from the construction of the Corrib Gas pipeline; for a financial institution in the defence of a criminal prosecution arising from a third party contractor employee accident; for a State body in the defence of criminal proceedings arising from a fatal accident; for a multinational pharmaceutical company in the defence of a criminal prosecution relating to the treatment and shipment of waste; for a semi-State body in the defence of a criminal prosecution relating to the treatment and shipment of waste; for a third-level educational institution in a criminal investigation arising from a fatal accident; and for a multinational energy company in the defence of a criminal prosecution.
- Advising a range of domestic and international clients on anti-corruption rules and compliance and the investigation and reporting of corruption.
- LL B, 2004, University of Limerick
- LL M, 2006, NUIG / Queen’s University, Belfast
- Admitted as a Solicitor, 2009
- Accredited as CEDR Mediator, 2009
- Founding member, Ireland Chapter of the Women’s White Collar Defence Association (WWCDA)
- Irish representative member, ECBA Anti-Corruption Europe (ACE) Working Group
- Committee member, Health and Safety Lawyers’ Association of Ireland (HSLAI)