Project and Infrastructure Finance
We have one of the most prolific project and infrastructure finance practices in the Irish market. We have devised, structured and implemented numerous project finance structures using syndicated debt, debt capital markets issues, securitisations, joint ventures and secondary market sales of equity interests.
Our experience covers the full range of infrastructure and utilities sectors including conventional and renewable energy, transport, health, education, communications, justice and social infrastructure.
For each of the past ten years we have been the highest ranked Irish law firm in the Infrastructure Journal League Tables (by volume). Our expertise is complemented by our strength in related practice areas including our Construction and Engineering, Energy, Renewables and Natural Resources and PPP and PFI groups and our regulatory compliance and corporate teams. As part of our work on complex project and infrastructure financing transactions, we undertake detailed contractual assessments and seek to mitigate commercial risks.
- Advising BAM PPP PGGM on the refinancings of the Schools Bundle 3, Schools Bundle 4 and M11 Arklow Rathnew / N7 Newlands Cross PPP projects
- Advising ESB and Bord na Móna on the financing the 89MW Phase 1 of the Oweninny Windfarm
- Advising Dublin Waste to Energy Limited on the €525 million financing of the Dublin Waste to Energy Project and the subsequent refinancing of the Project
- Advising the sponsors on the financing, subsequent refinancing and sale of the ten windfarm, cross-border EcoWindPower windfarm portfolio
- Advising Spencer Dock Convention Centre Dublin DAC on a full refinancing of facilities put in place to finance the construction of the Convention Centre Dublin