Working extensively with fund and lending clients, our fund finance practice advises on all aspects of fund finance, related security requirements and regulatory and tax matters bringing together expertise from our banking, capital markets, funds, tax and regulatory teams to deliver clear, comprehensive and reliable advice.
As Ireland holds a dominant position as a European funds domicile, our fund finance practice has built up extensive knowledge and expertise in advising funds (both Irish and non-Irish domiciled), corporates and corporate service providers (including AIFMs and depositaries) and advising financial institutions on general fund lending transactions (which include various investment funds structures such as ICAVs, Unit Trusts, REITS and Limited Partnerships), subscription or capital call facilities and real estate funds financing.
- Advising Société Générale, Credit Suisse, Investec, SVB, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Royal Bank of Canada, Lloyds and ING on funds lending transactions including capital call and subscription facilities
- Advising ILIM Property Fund ICAV (acting for its sub-fund Irish Residential Property Fund) on facilities from Wells Fargo to fund its acquisition of 262 residential units at Fernbank, Churchtown, Co. Dublin
- Advising Allianz Real Estate GmbH on a refinance by Allianz of a large portfolio of prime real estate assets in Dublin city centre held by an international real estate investment fund (a Qualifying Investor Alternative Investment Fund (QIAIF))
- Advising AlbaCore Capital in connection with a subscription call facility provided by Wells Fargo to a newly established fund
- Advising Morgan Stanley Bank, N.A. as Irish counsel on the provision of syndicated term loan facilities to an ICAV and a QIAIF plc to fund the acquisition of Irish residential and commercial real estate including a loan on loan structure