Ian is a partner in the Technology & Innovation Group.
Ian specialises in advising a wide range of domestic and international clients on outsourcing, digital transformation, cloud-related projects, commercial contracts, data protection, cyber security and information technology. Ian has significant experience in advising clients on complex and high value outsourcing and digital transformation projects. He is also particularly adept at advising financial institutions and other regulated firms on the convergence between technology, outsourcing and financial regulation. Ian also has extensive data protection experience and worked on some of the largest GDPR implementation projects in Europe. Ian regularly presents and publishes on outsourcing, digital transformation and data protection. Ian previously worked in the TMT Group of Linklaters LLP in London for several years.
- Leading the drafting and re-negotiation of a complex and business critical suite of outsourcing agreements for a global supplier of financial services
- Leading the drafting and negotiation of business critical outsourcings and IT contracts (including software licensing and SaaS contracts) for a leading domestic bank
- Leading the drafting and negotiation of high value cloud hosting and software development contracts for an Irish plc
- Advising one of the largest conglomerates in the world on their outsourcing arrangements, IT contracts and GDPR compliance
- Advising a number of leading Irish universities on their technology contracts and GDPR compliance
- Advising multiple clients on the development and implementation of complex and novel contractual structures to facilitate international data transfers in line with data protection rules (including BCRs and IGAs)
- Leading the drafting and negotiation of a range of financial services outsourcing agreements for a global investment bank
- Advising a global pharmaceutical company on the outsourcing of its group-wide telephony requirements to a global telco
- Advising on complex data migration and transitional services arrangements in relation to high value corporate transactions
- Advising a global food services company on contractual and data protection aspects of a cutting-edge arrangement for the operation of two fully autonomous convenience stores