Cormac is a partner and head of the firm’s Finance Group. He advises on a full range of capital markets, structured finance, cross-border financing and related issues.
Cormac has advised on the securitisation of a wide variety of asset classes, as well as on the establishment of covered bond programmes. He has a leading practice advising the buyers, sellers and financiers of Irish and non-Irish loan portfolios. He also advises on a broad range of debt capital markets transactions including corporate and high-yield bonds, medium term note and commercial paper programmes, tier 1 and other hybrid-type securities. He also advises international lenders and Irish borrowers on cross border financing transactions in particular as regards asset backed-lending.
- Advising the arrangers of mortgage securitisations by PTSB, Ulster Bank, Dilosk and KBC
- Advising on the establishment of European CLO’s and other securitisation structures
- Advising the dealers on numerous covered bond transactions by Bank of Ireland, AIB and EBS
- Advising many private equity clients (including CarVal, Goldman Sachs, Blackstone and Elliot) on the acquisition and financing of Irish and non-Irish loan portfolios.
- Advising eir on multiple high yield bond and leveraged loan refinancings
- Advisors to the dealers on all Government of Ireland syndicated bond issues
- LL B, 1992, Trinity College Dublin
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales (non-practising), 1998
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2003
- Admitted as a solicitor in Northern Ireland (non-practising), 2003
- Admitted to the New York Bar, 2003
Cormac Kissane “has a very good manner with clients, is experienced and provides great market insights.”
Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2018
Cormac Kissane is “very knowledgeable, experienced, pragmatic and commercial.”
Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2017
Practice head Cormac Kissane is “particularly strong.”
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2017
Cormac Kissane is “a very user-friendly capital markets adviser, with good broad skills and expertise.”
Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2016