Following an established trend in the United States, Irish companies are now regularly availing of finance provided by non-bank lenders.
Our direct lending practice advises on all aspects of direct lending bringing together expertise from our banking, capital markets, funds and regulatory teams to offer our clients innovative solutions in this fast evolving area.
Our expertise includes:
- advising on the establishment, warehousing and exit of lending platforms
- mezzanine lending including the negotiation of intercreditor documentation
- advising on the establishment of loan origination funds
- advising non-bank lenders (e.g. funds, insurance companies or SPVs) on doing business in Ireland including their regulatory obligations and tax structuring options
- acting for borrowers availing of finance from non-bank lenders in SME business loans, property and development finance
- Advising various funds managed/advised by Alcentra as lenders on a €200 million financing provided to the Clanwilliam Group to fund further acquisitions and refinance its existing financing (this was one of the largest financings provided by private credit funds to a borrower group based in Ireland)
- Advising Apollo Management International LLP in the funding of its acquisition of the Tifco Group, Ireland’s second largest hotel group
- Advising WLR Cardinal Mezzanine Finance Company Limited on various development finance facilities including McGarrell Reilly’s Charlemont Regeneration Project and Park Development’s Hanover Quay Development
- Advising Activate Capital Limited on the provision of €500 million senior and mezzanine facilities to it by The Ireland Strategic Investment Fund and KKR Credit to fund Irish Residential Projects
- Advising Morgan Stanley on its funding of Origin Capital originated and/or arranged loans