Phil Cody is a partner in the firm’s Finance Group.
Phil advises on a broad range of finance and financial services matters. His practice encompasses structured finance, derivatives, debt capital markets, lending transactions (domestic and cross-border, both lender and borrower), financial regulation, and transactions involving investment funds (including fund finance). Phil is a trusted adviser to many of the leading Irish and international financial institutions on Irish law matters and is a go-to Irish counsel for foreign market participants and law firms. Phil leads the firm’s derivatives and trading practice and regularly advices on derivatives, repos and securities lending matters and related netting, collateral and regulatory issues.
- Advised a major Irish bank in relation to a credit card securitisation
- Advised James Hardie on its €400 million debut euro bond offering
- Irish counsel to Allergan plc in respect of the issue by its subsidiary Allergan Funding SCS of €1 billion Fixed Rate Notes and €700 million Floating Rate Notes
- Advised several financial institutions and providers of market infrastructure on structuring and documenting effective strategies to protect their business models for Brexit
- Advised Johnson Controls on various credit facilities and bond issuances
- Advised Bank of New York Mellon as trustee and paying agent on numerous securitisations
- Advising, as to Irish law issues, Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec on its global covered bond programme (which is listed in Ireland)
- Advised numerous investment funds as to documenting their derivatives, repos and securities lending arrangements (and related regulatory compliance)
- Advised numerous Irish financial institutions on Securitisation Regulation retention and reporting
- Advised a major Irish bank on securitisation transactions (both cash and synthetic)