Danielle is a partner and head of the Environment and Planning Group, and is a founder member of the firm’s Food and Agribusiness Group.
Danielle has specialist expertise and uses her project management skills in advising on matters including the decision-making processes from pre-consultation and application stages through to oral hearing, construction and operational stages and securing and assessing the risk of providing project-financing. Danielle regularly presents at national Environmental, Planning and Energy conferences; lectures on the Law Society of Ireland Environmental Diploma Course and is co-author, with Dr. Yvonne Scannell, of the annual environmental chapter of ‘Construction Projects: Law and Practice’, published by Thomson Reuters.
- Advised on the €400M Dublin Waste to Energy PPP Project on planning and environmental consents, financing, refinancing and operations
- Advised on the consenting, financing, development and / or operation of over 1,500MW of wind projects in Ireland
- Advised on Bord Na Móna’s successful SID application for an MBT Facility, County Kildare
- Advising the State in connection with the consenting and regulation of upstream petroleum including offshore consents for the Corrib Gas Field and the CER on development and implementation of the Petroleum Safety Framework
- Advising Irish Water on the Water Supply Project – Dublin & Midland Region Project, and on many other water abstraction and wastewater projects
- Advised Fingal County Council and its technical advisors on the Greater Dublin Drainage Project
- Advised Bord Iascaigh Mhara on its aquaculture and foreshore licence applications for the Deep Sea Project in Galway Bay
- Advised Dunbia on its successful planning application for an expansion of its slaughtering facility in County Meath
- Advised NDFA and DoES on planning and environmental issues affecting/delaying the procurement and delivery of 7 projects in the €500 million Second Level Schools and Third Level Education PPP Programmes
- Advised on the HSE’s successful SID application for the National Forensic Mental Health Hospital
- LL.B, Trinity College Dublin, 2004
- Diploma in Applied Finance Law, Law Society, 2007
- IPMA Certified Diploma in Project Management, 2011
- Professional Certificate in Law on the Regulation of Food Safety (Distinction), University College Dublin, 2013
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2008
- Member of Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association (former Council Member)
- Member of Irish Environmental Law Association
- Member of International Project Management Association (IPMA)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Energy Law Group, an association of leading independent energy law firms in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Council member of Wind Energy Ireland
- Council member of the Marine Renewables Industry Association
Danielle Conaghan is recognised as a ‘leading individual’ in the planning and environmental sphere and has an ‘unparalleled knowledge of planning law’.
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2021
Danielle Conaghan “has an in-depth knowledge of planning and environmental law and is very personable.”
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2021
Danielle Conaghan is acknowledged as being ‘extremely pragmatic’.
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2020
Danielle Conaghan has “extremely strong knowledge of how to navigate particularly challenging planning issues.”
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2020