Richard is Head of the Competition and Regulated Markets Group. His practice focuses on all aspects of competition law including:
- Investigations and dawn raids by the European Commission and the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission of Ireland (CCPC)
- Competition law litigation
- Securing EU and Irish merger control approval for transactions
- Competition law aspects of commercial agreements
- Competition law compliance programmes
- EU State aid law
- Regulated markets
- Sectoral studies by regulators
- Antitrust law
- Compliance and regulation
Richard has significant sectoral experience, including in banking and financial services, aviation, energy, health, pharmaceuticals, food and drink, agriculture, building materials, real estate, waste, broadcasting, telecommunications, news and media and information technology.
He combines strong commercial awareness with a solution-focused approach. His priority is to understand his client’s business and how its industry operates and deliver practical solutions that achieve its commercial objectives. He has been involved in many of the leading competition, merger control and State aid cases in Ireland in recent years.