Rob Murphy is chair of Arthur Cox’s Aviation Group. Rob is a market leader with considerable international aviation experience.
He previously held the position of Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel at CDB Aviation. Rob started his career at GPA Group and previously was a partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, the leading international law firm, where he led the global aviation and asset finance team and the global aviation sector group focused on aviation clients. Rob also acted as lead external counsel to the Aviation Working Group and is the editor of leading industry textbook Aircraft Financing, 4th Edition.
- Advising on the formation of Avolon and advising Avolon on a variety of strategic projects including on the acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group
- Advising AerCap on the acquisition of ILFC from American International Group
- Advising EQT VI Limited, a fund held by private equity firm EQT, on the acquisition of a majority stake in Nordic Aviation Capital
- Advising BOC Aviation on its IPO/Hong Kong listing
- Advising airlines on a variety of matters including acting for Ryanair, easyJet, Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa, Etihad and TAP, to name but a few
“Rob Murphy is very highly respected in the industry for good reason and is a sure hand.”
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2021
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor in Law, 1982, Trinity College Dublin
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 1993
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales, 1993