Ireland is an established and growing FinTech hub and is clearly a jurisdiction of choice for any FinTech company looking to establish or expand operations in Europe or globally.
At Arthur Cox we understand the interaction between financial regulation, data use and technology. Our FinTech Group advices clients ranging from established technology companies and global financial institutions to high potential start-ups and investors.
Our FinTech Group comprises lawyers with experience and expert knowledge across relevant legal disciplines, including financial regulation, technology, data protection, tax, intellectual property and corporate.
Through a combination of our market leading practices in financial services regulation and data protection compliance, our comprehensive understanding of the technology sector and our extensive experience in financial services transactions, we help our clients to find practical solutions to the various legal issues arising in the FinTech sector.
Arthur Cox is a legal partner of Blockchain Ireland. Blockchain Ireland is a combined effort of government and Irish based companies, led by the IDA Blockchain Expert Group, to help promote and share information on blockchain in Ireland. For more information visit www.blockchainireland.net
We have advised on:
- Private equity investments into FinTech start-ups
- Payment institution licence and e-money licence applications to the Central Bank of Ireland
- The application of, and compliance with, payment services legislation in Ireland
- The structuring of payment service products in Ireland, including merchant acquiring structures, money remittance structures and e-wallet structures
- Bitcoin, Blockchain and other cryptocurrencies, including:
- establishment of BitCoin based on-line gambling businesses
- commercialisation of BlockChain based technology initiatives
- Intellectual property invention, exploitation and protection
- Data protection, data analytics and cyber security, including:
- advising on big data processing
- advising on corporate cyber risk management
- Tax structuring
- IT sourcing projects (including for banks and other financial institutions)
- Crowdfunding and other forms of peer to peer financing