Matt is a partner in the Finance Department. He specialises in project and infrastructure finance, working closely with the firm’s Infrastructure, Construction & Utilities Group.
Matt has experience advising across a range of loan and bond financing transactions, including private placements, real estate financings and restructurings. Matt was previously a partner at Clifford Chance where he advised borrowers and lenders on acquisition financings, infrastructure and project financings, margin loans and restructuring work, as well as advising the Loan Market Association on its suite of leveraged finance documentation.
- Advising The Export-Import Bank of Korea and Kookmin Bank on the Irish law project financing of the 2x100MW Lumcloon and Shannonbridge battery energy storage systems in Co Offaly, Ireland
- Advising Legal and General Assurance Society Limited in relation to a secured financing to Clúid Housing Association to fund the provision of social housing in Ireland.
- Acting as Irish counsel to BNP Paribas and the other MLAs in relation to ESB’s €1.4bn sustainability-linked loan financing, the first such financing by an Irish utility company.
- Advising Spencer Dock Convention Centre and the Irish Infrastructure Fund on a senior secured refinancing of the Convention Centre Dublin PPP project
- Advising alternative investment management firm LCM Partners in relation to a €75m junior secured financing provided to the Home for Life mortgage-to-rent platform
- Advising Infrastructure Investment Fund ICAV acting through its sub-fund Valley Healthcare Fund in relation to the entry into €110 million senior secured debt facilities provided by AIB to be used to refinance the cost of constructing and developing primary care centres in Ireland
- Advising BAM PPP in relation to the refinancings of three of its PPP projects in Ireland (Schools Bundle 3, Schools Bundle 4 and N7/N11 road), which involved commercial and European Investment Bank facilities
- Advising Citigroup and Bank of America Merrill Lynch in relation to “loan-on-loan” financings of the shipping and commercial real estate loan portfolios acquired by Promontoria
- Advising Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets and a consortium of Danish pension funds on the €6.3 billion loan and bond financings for their acquisition of TDC A/S (Danish telecommunications network operator)
- Advising Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Société Générale in relation to the financing for PAI Partners’ acquisition of M Group (service provider to the regulated infrastructure markets in the UK and Ireland)
- BA (Hons) Modern History, 1998, University of Oxford
- MSc Economics, 2002, Birkbeck College University of London
- GDL, 2004, College of Law, London
- LPC, 2005, BPP Law School, London
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales, 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2018
- Associate, 2007-2015, Clifford Chance LLP
- Partner, 2015-2018, Clifford Chance LLP
“Matt Dunn [is an] expert in [his] field, commercial in… approach and a pleasure to work with”
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2020
Matt Dunn is “market leader”
IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms, 2021