David has worked with the Dispute Resolution Group since qualifying with Arthur Cox in September 2011.
He acts on behalf of local and international organisations on a wide range of litigation matters. He represents medium and large-scale businesses across a broad range of sectors in commercial and regulatory actions.
- Advising Volvo trucks / Renault trucks in relation to multiple follow on actions brought in the High Court in Ireland by purchasers of trucks arising out of a decision of an EU Commission decision to fine a number of truck manufacturers (including Volvo trucks / Renault trucks) a total of €2,926,509,000
- Acted for Aer Lingus in successfully defending proceedings brought by Belfast International Airport in the Commercial Court in Belfast in relation to a breach of contract case seeking damages of £30m
- Acting for a private fund in obtaining a Mareva injunction to restrain movement of funds and assets in respect of borrowings in excess of £200m
- Acting in securing an ex-parte emergency injunction in respect of the transfer of valuable contracts from a group of companies to a competing group of companies
- Acted for a Fund Management firm in defending a multi-million pound professional negligence claim being brought for alleged mis-management of funds
- Acted in respect of a multi-million pound damages claim advanced against a major supermarket retailer for breach of contract in respect of a conditional sale and planning contract
- Acted for a large Irish PLC in a long-running odour abatement issue involving injunctive proceedings and successfully liaising and dealing with the Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA)
- Instructed by a Bank in a £2m recovery action. Successfully defended appeals of the Master’s Order in the Chancery Court, Court of Appeal and the borrower’s appeal to the Supreme Court was refused
- Defence of product liability (criminal liability) for food producer including Food Standards Agency investigation
- Defence of care home owners in relation to fraud prosecution (criminal liability)