Cahal is a member of the Construction and Engineering team involved in a full range of construction and engineering projects, advising on both contentious and non-contentious matters.
He also advises on Health & Safety, Environmental and Planning matters, with a particular expertise in dispute resolution. Cahal is a member of the Society of Construction Law and has given talks to the legal sector in Belfast on various construction issues as well as appearing as a guest speaker at various higher education events.
- Advising a prominent higher education institution on all aspects of its £263m campus development, from the initial scoping to the subsequent delivery of each of the work packages
- Advised on the £110m DCAL Regional Stadia Programme, including funding agreements and advising on construction and planning issues
- Advised a multi-national plc on its multi-million pound acquisition of Lagan Group, which included advising on extensive environmental and planning issues relating to a large portfolio of quarry, manufacturing and infrastructure sites
- Advised a utilities contractor on construction issues arising on the £20bn EDF Energy Hinkley Point C nuclear power station project
- Advising arc21, an incorporated joint committee of 11 district councils, on planning and management of its residual waste treatment infrastructure in the eastern region of Northern Ireland
- Advised SWaMP2008 (a joint committee of 8 local councils) on planning and environmental legislative issues and procedures for the awarding authority for its waste infrastructure project
- Advised a third level higher education institution on its £7m redevelopment of its Springtown Campus;
- Advised a proposed purchaser of the AES owned Ballylumford and Kilroot Power Stations in Northern Ireland, including consideration of the construction, environmental and planning issues on site as well as the application of the European Industrial Emission Directives
- Advised a multinational energy provider on the acquisition of a 53 acres petroleum storage and jetty site in Northern Ireland
- Provided construction and environmental advices to an international fund on its acquisition of number of wind farm sites in Northern Ireland
- LLB (Hons), 2008, Queen’s University Belfast
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, 2010
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Northern Ireland, 2010