Arthur Cox is Ireland’s leading law firm. Our dedicated Aviation Group is led by partners who have market-leading knowledge and experience. The Aviation Group recently expanded with the appointment of Rob Murphy, an international aviation industry leader who joins Caroline Devlin as co-chair, and Laura Cunningham as partner who brings extensive international experience to the team.
Arthur Cox is a full service law firm with the capability to provide a 360 service to our aviation clients on all aspects of their business. Our Aviation Group works closely with lawyers from our Corporate, Banking, Capital Markets, Tax, Insolvency and Restructuring, Regulatory, Employment and Litigation practices to deliver a product that adds value to all elements of our clients operations. Our reputation is based on proven professional skills, a thorough understanding of client requirements, sound judgment and a practical approach to resolving commercial problems in an efficient way.
We have extensive experience in offering advice to a multitude of domestic and international aircraft lessors, lenders, airlines, investors and insurers, and our team is uniquely well qualified to advise across all areas of the industry including
- Establishment of aircraft leasing platforms in Ireland and advices on day to day operations
- Operating and finance leases including Japanese operating leases
- Assets sales and novations
- Aircraft portfolio sales and purchases
- Domestic and international tax
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Financing transactions including warehouse financings, ABS transactions, intercompany funding, security arrangements, Export Credit Agency-supported financing, Islamic financing and secondary debt trading
- Capital market products including EETCs, asset backed securitisations, secured term loans, E-notes and other debt and equity issuances
- Enforcement of security, repossession and insolvency
- Restructuring of portfolios
- Cape Town Convention advices and registrations
- Local registration of aircraft
- Regulatory matters including airport charges, ground handling, ownership of airlines and licensing of aircraft
- Sanctions and export controls.
Further details of the transactions our team has been involved in are available in our Key Contact profiles.